Disclosure: I participated in an Ambassador Program on behalf of Influence Central for Vanity Fair Lingerie. I received product samples to facilitate my review and compensation to thank me for my participation.
There are a handful of opportunities that I get each year that allow me be involved with brands that truly make a difference. Partnering with Vanity Fair and their continued support of Dress for Success has given me the chance to do more than share about their products. I have also been able to spread the word about an important company doing amazing things in order to help others.
Over the course of the past 4 months, we discovered how to evaluate our intimates inventory with Vanity Fair’s bra fit tips. Additionally, we learned a lot about Dress for Success, as well as the confidence that can come from wearing the proper bra. Here is a quick recap of the program’s highlights:
Bra Fit Tips
- 2-Finger Test: Are the straps on your shoulders snug, yet loose enough to slide two fingers under? Is the band tight enough to offer support yet still fit 2 fingers underneath?
- Fill Check: Do the bra cups fit smoothly against your body with no gaps or wrinkles?
- Max Lift: Stand sideways in front of a mirror with your arms at your side. Do your breasts rest halfway between your shoulders and elbows?
- Center Challenge: Does the center piece of the bra lay flat against your chest without buckling?
- Spill Check: You know how this one goes. Do you fit completely into the cups without spilling over the top?
- Stretch Test: Raise your hands. Now bend over. Twist. Does the band stay in place when you move about? No hiking up in the back?
- Hook Check: Does the band fit best across your body while on the middle hook?
- Comfort Check: Perhaps most important, does the bra feel comfortable on you? Every single part of it?
- Top Test: Put a top over the bra. How does it look? Is it seamless? Smooth? Lifted?
If you were able to answer YES to each of these questions, congratulations! You are wearing the proper size bra! If not, no worries! Vanity Fair can help!
Dress for Success
Dress for Success is an international not-for-profit organization dedicated to the promotion of economic independence of disadvantaged women by providing professional attire, a network of support and career development tools to help them thrive in work and in life.
Wearing the proper bra size can make a huge difference in the way you look, which can then boost your confidence more. Don’t be afraid to ask for help at the store. The right measurements can lead you to the perfect fit and an improved silhouette. Listen to their suggestions, try a few bras on, and choose the one that works best for you.
My new go-to, most comfortable bra is Vanity Fair Women’s Beauty Back for a variety of reasons. The Back Smoothing bra actually helps to reduce back bulge and fits smooth under your clothes. Not to mention, the adjustable straps are accessed in the front and are designed to stay in place! No more trying to reach over your shoulder or asking someone else to adjust the straps for you. The smoothing and shaping make this bra my ideal choice for any occasion.
Vanity Fair is all about inspiring and uplifting us all to be “Women Who Do.” If I truly walked away with one takeaway it is that bras really can change lives.
Vanity Fair offers an assortment of sizing that includes band sizes 34 to 44 and cup sizes from B to DDD. You can find their products at retailers nationwide including Macy’s, Kohl’s, JCPenney and Sears for a typical retail price around $40.