Are you the “breakfast for dinner” type? My family is! In fact, they could probably eat breakfast for every meal of the day. Therefore, finding ways to incorporate their favorite breakfast items into dinner can be both challenging and fun. Our most recent ingredient challenge was Hungry Jack® Hashbrown Potatoes.
Scrambled Eggs and Bacon Hashbrown Cups
These breakfast for dinner meals seem to coincide with those nights where we are looking for a quick and easy recipe. We still want something hearty, but may not have as much time to cook as other nights. Therefore, we think of ways to create tasty meals that take less prep and cooking time. Hungry Jack Hashbrown Potatoes are ready in minutes and are available in Original, Cheesy and new Black Pepper & Onion. There are so many delicious dinner combinations you can make in minutes.
Thinking of the family’s favorite ingredients to start the day, we wanted to incorporate both eggs and bacon into our recipe. The hashbrowns would make the perfect, crispy addition to a muffin-type meal. By adding each of the foods to a hashbrown cup, the hearty meal could be easily consumed. Not to mention, having everything together means less clean up and more time for other things, such as family time.
Actually, the Hungry Jack Hashbrown Cheesy Potatoes are ready in 3 quick and easy steps. Fill the carton with water. Let sit for 12 minutes and then drain. Pan fry for 2-3 minutes. Preheat the oven to 400° and begin dividing the potatoes equally into a greased muffin pan. Be sure to press them into the bottom and up the sides to form cups. Bake 10-15 minutes until golden brown to hold the other ingredients.
As they bake, cook 10 bacon strips to desired crispness. Crumble the cooked strips and then set them aside. Next, whisk 6 eggs and ½ cup of milk in a large non-stick skillet. Cook the mixture until it is thickened and the eggs are well scrambled. Then, add the bacon and ½ cup of cheese into the skillet and combine. Once the hashbrowns are ready, spoon the scrambled eggs and bacon mixture evenly into each of the cups. Add more cheese or bacon bits to the top of each cup to suit your taste. Now you just have to bake it for 3-5 minutes to let the cheese melt and they are ready to eat!
See? You can serve a hot, hearty meal in less than 30 minutes with the simplicity of Hungry Jack Hashbrown Potatoes. Find a store near you where you can purchase the restaurant-quality hashbrowns.
How would you cook your hashbrowns?
- Hungry Jack Hashbrown Cheesy Potatoes
- 6 eggs
- ½ cup milk
- 10 bacon strips, cooked and crumbled
- shredded cheese
- Cook Hungry Jack Hashbrown Cheesy Potatoes according to carton instructions.
- Preheat the oven to 400°
- Divide potatoes equally into greased muffin pan. Press into bottom and up sides to form cups.
- Bake 10-15 minutes until golden brown.
- Cook bacon strips to desired crispness; then crumble and set aside.
- Whisk eggs and milk in a large non-stick skillet. Cook until thickened and the eggs are well scrambled.
- Add bacon and ½ cup of cheese into skillet and combine.
- Once the hashbrowns are ready, spoon scrambled eggs and bacon mixture evenly into each cup.
- Add more cheese or bacon bits to top of each cup to suit your taste.
I was selected for this opportunity as a member of Clever Girls and the content and opinions expressed here are all my own.