Do you write quotes, scripture, or marriage affirmations on Post-it Notes? I do. I have them on my bathroom mirror. Shelf. Books. Computer monitor. I like to visually see them so they are easier to memorize. It allows me to focus on the goal or task at hand.
Memorizing scripture has always helped me “hide it in my heart” and be prepared to use it as needed in my relationship with my spouse.
Have you ever wanted to see a change in your marriage? Your spouse? Yourself? Thought about using positive affirmations for couples to keep your purpose in the forefront of your mind?
What about daily marriage affirmations to help you and your spouse focus on the type of happy marriage you want to have? I know that these types of sayings, quotes, verses, etc. kept me going through the hard times… as well as the good. I mean, it is worth a try, right?
af·fir·ma·tion [af-er-mey-shuhn] noun
1. the act or an instance of affirming; state of being affirmed.
2. the assertion that something exists or is true.
3. something that is affirmed; a statement or proposition that is declared to be true.
4. confirmation or ratification of the truth or validity of a prior judgment, decision, etc.
There is nothing to loose considering it is simply a line or few to keep us positive and moving in the direction we want to go. Take a look at this
list of marriage affirmations:
- I am enjoying the things in my marriage that I already have and make me happy.
- I appreciate my spouse for all he/she does for our marriage.
- My spouse and I decide daily to love each other.
- I am daily making my relationship with my spouse stronger.
- I choose to listen to my spouse before speaking out of anger.
- I accept the opportunity to apologize first.
- I am both loyal and devoted to my spouse.
- I support my spouse in his/her decisions.
- Together we have great strengths.
- We live a life full of gratefulness.
- Each day is an opportunity to learn more about my spouse.
- I respect the person my spouse is, rather than who I want him/her to be.
- I choose to focus on the positive… every day.
- My marriage is built on love, respect, and trust.
- We freely accept each other’s differences without judgement.
- I love my spouse unconditionally.
- There are open lines of communication every day.
- I give my spouse space to become him/her self within the confines of our marriage.
- We laugh together on a regular basis.
- Our marriage is growing stronger every day.
- I understand that we will have bad days, but we get up and carry on… together.
- I must forgive my spouse… daily.
- I am irresistible to my spouse and will not deny him when possible.
- I will ask myself regularly, “How can I show him/her my love more?“
- Together there is nothing we cannot face or triumph over.
- Communication must be open and honest.
- My spouse is… and will always be… my best friend.
- I must control my tongue when angry and fight fair if we should disagree.
- I yearn to kiss my spouse daily… morning and night.
- I am passionate in my love for my spouse.
- My marriage is a match made in heaven.
- I believe in my marriage.
- I accept that my spouse and I are different… and respect those differences.
- I will be patient and kind. I will not envy, or boast, or be proud. I will not dishonor others, or be self-seeking, or easily angered, nor will I keep a record of wrongs. I will not delight in evil but I will rejoice in the truth. I will always protect, always trust, always hope, always persevere. I know love never fails. (1 Corinthians 13:4-8)
What are daily marriage affirmations you use?
I like to think we can all have success stories in our marriages. I continue to choose to love my partner daily and work on having the happy marriage I know we can have.
Fortunately, Colby and I have drug our marriage through the mud enough to know we’re in it for the long haul. You can do it!
Now for this week’s addition to my list of reasons I still love my husband:
31. He is the love of my life… and honestly completes me in nearly every way (no matter how cliché it sounds).
32. He teaches me more about myself than I could ever have learned on my own.
33. He gives me compassion and empathy when needed, and has taught me to give them back to him.
34. He totally gets it when it comes to romance. He playfully flirts with me… daily… and often.
35. Even when he hasn’t got a clue he tries so hard. And at everything. He then becomes simply irresistible to me.