French Toast is probably my favorite breakfast dish. If I have it as a menu option, I will pick it almost every time. My family enjoys it as well, but sometimes the act of flipping enough pieces of toast for all 8 of us can get tedious. So we found a better solution: French Toast Casserole.
On a recent visit to Market Street we picked up several pieces of Lodge bakeware and cookware. The ramekin and roasters for baking are each made from stoneware making the pieces durable for every day use. The Enameled Cast Iron of the cookware is beautiful and retains heat extremely well. Plus, the various sizes available in both the bakeware and cookware are perfect for many types of uses and add to the versatility of the product line. Not to mention, the handles make going from oven to table easy and can be used for any occasion.
When it came time to put the French Toast Casserole together, I decided the 12.8″ rectangular roaster would be the ideal size. I then gathered the ingredients and got to work before the kids came down for breakfast.
- 1 loaf Texas toast
- 4 medium eggs
- ½ cup heavy cream
- ¼ cup sugar
- 2 ½ tsp cinnamon
- ½ cup powered sugar
- maple syrup
- Preheat oven to 350°. Lightly grease baking dish.
- Cut Texas toast into ½” cubes and toss into a large mixing bowl.
- Mix eggs, heavy cream and ½ tsp cinnamon in a small bowl and then pour over bread cubes. Gently toss to coat bread evenly.
- Combine sugar and remaining cinnamon into another small bowl and set aside.
- Pour soaked bread cubes into bottom of casserole dish and top with cinnamon and sugar mixture.
- Bake for 45-50 minutes.
- Top with powdered sugar and maple syrup (optional). Serve and enjoy!
Afterward, the Lodge bakeware is easy to clean up and ready to use for your next casserole. And, since I do not have to stand and flip toast, we can all sit at the table and enjoy our breakfast together!
What is your favorite casserole to prepare?
Now through January 20, 2015, you can earn one e-sticker for every qualifying $10 ticket spend. Therefore, spend $20 and you will earn two e-stickers and so on. E-stickers are automatically earned in your Rewards account and can be used to make purchases. Be sure to sign up for a Rewards account so you can start earning today!