Disclosure: 7 on a Shoestring is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com.
When fall hits, you and I both know it’s time to prepare for Pumpkin Season. There is everything PUMPKIN. Not that it’s a bad thing… just know that it’s coming. ‘Tis the season and it comes every year around this time. So, why not make the most of it? Try a few new ideas and recipes.
Easy Pumpkin Soup Recipe
I have to admit, I have never tried Pumpkin Soup until recently. In fact, I never really thought of making pumpkin into a soup. But, it looks and tastes wonderful! It is perfect for serving on cool nights or your family’s Thanksgiving dinner.
Not to mention, it can be pretty easy to make and ready for the dinner table after a few quick steps.
- Pour chicken broth, pumpkin, onion, thyme, garlic and salt into a large pot and bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat and let simmer for 30 minutes, uncovered, or until pumpkin turns soft. Set aside and let cool.
- In small batches, puree the pumpkin mixture in a blender or food processor.
- Return to pot and boil once again. Reduce heat and simmer an additional 30 minutes, uncovered. Stir occasionally to avoid scorching soup.
- Stir in all but 2 tsps of heavy whipping cream. (add more cream to thicken or warm water if consistency is too thick)
- Serve in bowls and garnish with dollop of remaining whipping cream and fresh parsley (as well as optional croutons). Enjoy!
It takes a little over an hour to complete the recipe, but the resulting Pumpkin Soup you should serve will be worth it!
Also, you should totally play around with a few other spices to really make the soup your own! Happy Fall, Yall!