One of my main vices when it comes to food: Caramel. The sweet, creamy taste of caramel draws me in every time. Whether it be candy, syrup, or coffee, I am always ready to say, “Yes” to caramel. My most frequent use of it is in my coffee. Whether I am out or at home… Caramel Macchiato is my flavor of choice. And when I am not drinking coffee, I try to think of fun new ways to incorporate the creamy taste into my foods.
Caramel French Toast
Since coffee is part of our morning routine, we decided to add a touch of that routine to our breakfast. But, not exactly in the form of a cup of java, but more in the way of a food: Caramel French Toast. I mean, I thought that instead of the milk we usually use, why not substitute it with my favorite coffee creamer: International Delight Caramel Macchiato.
French toast is a favorite comfort food I remember when growing up. My mom taught me to make it and it a food I enjoy making for my kids now. Therefore, combining the childhood memories with the smooth-tasting flavor of caramel seemed a great idea. Take a look at how we made them.
- 1 cup International Delight Caramel Macchiato
- 2 eggs
- slices of bread
- powdered sugar
- caramel syrup
- maple syrup
- Spray griddle or frying pan with non-stick spray. Pre-heat to medium heat.
- Mix International Delight Caramel Macchiato with 2 eggs until yolks are well blended. Add cinnamon to taste.
- Dip slice of bread into mixture. Flip and cover both sides.
- Place dipped bread onto griddle/pan and brown both sides.
- Once cooked through, serve with optional toppings: powdered sugar, caramel syrup, maple syrup
My kids loved the additional flavor they found within the french toast. The subtle taste of the caramel adds a sweet blend to the morning meal. Paired with a delicious cup of coffee delicately flavored with International Delight Caramel Macchiato, the Caramel French Toast is the perfect start to my day.
What’s Your ID?
International Delight wants to know: What’s your ID? #whatsyourid In fact, you can visit whatsyourid.com to create a flavor profile and find out how to win fabulous prizes! Prizes include the following:
- Visa Gift Cards
- Cold Stone gift cards
- International Delight Coffee Mugs, Tumblers and Creamers
- International Delight Reusable Grocery Bags
- Free International Delight for a year
- Baking Kit: Kitchen Aid mixer, apron and coupons
- Coffee Bar Kit: Kuerig Coffee Maker, Folgers K-cups, coupons, mug, and Cinnabon Cinnamon
- Grand Prize: Magical Trip
What’s Your ID? International Delight is looking for their most passionate flavor fans. Put your ID on the map to enter to win a Magical Trip, play games and discover more unexpected delight. Share your ID flavor at http://whatsyourid.com.
This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of International Delight. The opinions and text are all mine.