How have you kicked off football season? Here in Texas, we are passionate about every aspect from the sport from our Friday Night Lights to Monday Night Football. The boys of fall are truly a passion for many in this state. And you can bet that tailgate parties are just as important!
BBQ Tasting Party
Whether gathering at the local high school, college campus, or ginormous major league football stadiums, there is plenty of time before the game to fill up before heading inside to cheer on your favorite team. And, even if you’re at home watching and yelling at the TV with friends and family, there is still food to be eaten!
As we cheered our local team to victory this past weekend, we enjoyed a Barbecue Tasting Party with our game-watching guests. We found an incredible assortment of King’s Hawaiian® rolls, buns, and NEW BBQ sauces at H-E-B. Since Colby wanted to pretty much try every product we found, we decided a tasting party was the way to go. I could not disagree since everything sounded amazing and I wanted to taste it all too.
Preparing for the party was easy, we gathered our grilling essentials at H-E-B, a one-stop shop for all of your gaming needs, and then Colby fired up the grill. He cooked hamburgers and hot dogs on the grill, as well as pulled pork in the slow cooker. A variety of meats gave everyone more options when it came to trying the different sauces we had one hand.
Next, we poured each of the four King’s Hawaiian BBQ Sauces into a separate little mason jar and labeled them. The flavors included:
- Original Sweet Pineapple — tangy BBQ zest and sweet pineapple
- Smoked Bacon — chunks of rich, smoky bacon combined with a tangy sweet sauce
- Kona Coffee — Hawaiian-grown Kona coffee beans combined with a tangy BBQ sauce
- Big Island Lava — red jalapeños, spicy island flavor, and a hint of sweet
Our family and friends were then able to grab a plate, pick a meat option to add to their King’s Hawaiian Hamburger and Hot Dog Buns, select the BBQ sauce(s) of their choice, and then sit and watch the game.
The BBQ Tasting Party was a huge hit and it seemed the sauces went neck-in-neck as far as being sampled. The best part, in addition to our win, was the great-tasting food and fun fellowship we shared over the football game! The King’s Hawaiian products became an essential part of our celebration and helped take our football viewing to the next level.
Look for H-E-B Combo Loco deals in your Weekly Ad, such as Buy Kiolbassa Smoked Sausage Links, Get King’s Hawaiian Sweet Hot Dog Buns and an American Children’s Book FREE with in-store coupons.
- 1 pound ground beef
- ½ cup King's Hawaiian Smoked Bacon BBQ sauce
- 8 King's Hawaiian Hamburger Buns
- Combine King's Hawaiian Smoked Bacon BBQ sauce add minced onions in a small bowl. Add ground beef and mix well.
- Shape ground beef mixture into hamburger patties.
- Grill burgers until juices run clear… or desired cooking temperature.
- Top with cheese and cover until cheese in melted, optional.
- Garnish with lettuce, tomatoes, onions. as you like.
- Spread more BBQ sauce over King's Hawaiian Hamburger Bun and serve with your favorite side.