“I’m gonna wreck it!” Like… for real! I had no idea how much fun it was to host a Wreck It Ralph movie watching party! There are so many great ideas based on the movie and my kids had a fantastic time with it.
Wreck It Ralph Movie Watching Party
Are you ready to host a Wreck It Ralph movie watching party? Wreck It Ralph comes out on 3D Blu-ray Combo Pack Tuesday, March 5th! That means now is the time to plan. Get ready to invite everyone over, watch the movie, have some fun, and be the good guy. Here are some entertaining ideas we came up with for our movie watching party.
Wreck It Ralph Party Ideas:
- Have your own Sugar Rush Car Competition. This is so much fun! And the kids can really have a blast getting all creative and seeing what the others come up with.
- Decorate with 8-bit characters and video game decor. Pac-man is super easy! We did it once for an 80’s party. Cut a circle out of yellow construction paper. Cut a piece out for his mouth. Add a black circle for an eye and there you go. We then outlined the walls with smaller yellow circles for the dots and used more construction paper for the ghosts. Super easy.
- Make your own Wreck It Ralph t-shirts. Disney has come up with a few printable stencils you can use to decorate shirts, pillowcases, books, whatever you choose.
- Create “You’re My Hero” cookies. Gather pre-baked, heart-shaped sugar cookies, blue frosting, white piping, and sprinkles. Have your guests frost the cookie and add sprinkles around the edges. Then, with the white piping write “You’re My Hero” on the cookie. Delicious and easy for the kids to do on their own.
- Serve Lime Sherbet Fizz Punch in honor of Ralph getting stuck in the green goop in Sugar Rush. And maybe just because it just happens to be one of my favorite party drinks. It is, in my true form, super easy to make and only requires 3 ingredients: Lemon/Lime soda, Ginger Ale, Lime Sherbet. Pour 1 liter of each drink into a punch bowl. Add desired amount of lime sherbet (I typically add 1/2 gallon) and then serve. Yum!
There you have it! 5 easy tips for hosting your “Sugar Rush” candy-filled, super fabulous Wreck It Ralph movie watching party!
Oh, and just for fun, watch this cool video on the animators discussing how they created the different worlds within Wreck It Ralph. They had to totally ignore all of their years of training in high definition and resort back to 8-bit pixelated characters. And did an amazing job at it too! Plus, read my full review of Wreck It Ralph and enjoy the movie!
What is your favorite part of Wreck It Ralph?
Do you like the 8-bit characters?