World Almanac and Book of Facts
Considering my favorite part of my job as a blogger is research, I was delighted to open The World Almanac® and Book of Facts. This book is an entire library of knowledge all found in one book. This book covers momentous events from 2012 from NASA’s Mars Mission in November 2011 to Disney’s acquisition of Lucasfilm in October 2012. Beginning to end and recapping the top news stories, popular people, sad farewells, and the year’s sports stats.
Highlights of the book include:
- 2012 Election Results: From the early primaries to the presidential voting results from 2012, you can read a detailed recap on the election results and more. The book even touches on how big-money donors and Super PACs are “changing the democratic process“.
- Top 10 News Topics: A run-down of the top stories that held our attention throughout the months this past year.
- Cities of the U.S.: Demographics and statistics (from citizenship rates to commute distances) are found under the profiles of the 100 most populated cities.
- Health and Vital Statistics: Facts on common diseases and disorders, nutrition and diet, Medicare and insurance, plus many more statistics.
- Consumer Information: Facts and information that may aid the consumer from shipping information to taxes to a business directory ensures consumers are well informed.
There are full-color pages that highlight the top stories of the year, as well as people that impacted our world. Maps and flags of the world are also easily found using the side tabs, and the Year in Pictures helps put things in perspective for the year. And, fortunately, the Table of Contents and Indexes help you find the information you need quickly. Finding the information you need should be quick and easy using the resources within the book. The side tabs with categories printed on the back are perhaps my life saver as I try to find items in the book.
Do you enjoy fact gathering? Do you have a child that likes to soak up this information?
Download a parents kit or teachers package from their site and learn how to teach your children to fully utilize the book.