Being born and raised in Texas, western wear is in my blood. Okay, well, maybe not true for all Texans, but definitely true for me. I was the “country when country wasn’t cool type.” Boots and jeans were my fashion choice since I was at least 6 years old. I wore them under my wedding gown. I simply love the feel of a pair of boots.
Boots with Shorts
Now that I have aged a little, I have noticed the fashion trends evolving as well. One particular style I am adapting to is wearing boots with shorts. I know, it may not be for every one, but the incredible boots I received from Country Outfitter have changed my mind. They were made to show off!
But, I do think there should be “rules” to follow when pairing boots with shorts. I may be coming around but still have a bit of that old fashion modesty. I think that as long as you keep it classy you should go bold! Be you and rock those boots!
Tips for Wearing Boots with Shorts
- Pick the proper boot height for your leg type. Keep in mind, the longer the boot, the slimmer the look of the leg.
- Pair ankle boots with leggings to elongate look of legs if needed.
- Consider length of shorts in relation to heel on boots. The shorter the shorts, the flatter the heel. Remember, we are keeping it classy!
- Darker boots, like black or brown, work well and make your legs look their best.
- A pointed toe on your boot will also make the legs look longer. It’s all about perception.
Definitely not an exhaustive list, but one to think about. I think the secret to wearing your western boots with shorts is to be aware of how it makes your legs look. For instance, if you have a shorter inseam, ankle boots that cut across your calves can make your legs look shorter.
Once you have your boots picked out, the rest of the look is really based on your own style. Whether you throw on a comfortable plaid shirt, airy blouse, or fun tee, make the style your own. Go bold and be confident! After all:
“Give a girl the right pair of
shoesBOOTS and she’ll conquer the world.” [Marilyn Monroe]
Take a chance on yourself and have fun with your boots and shorts.