Tips for Helping to Stop Bedwetting with GoodNites Bed Mats
Do you have a child that suffers from nighttime accidents? Do you know that you are not alone? In fact, there are roughly 5-7 million children between the ages of 7 and 12 years old that still wet the bed at night. Did you also realize that bedwetting is not a result of bad parenting? In fact, some studies actually show that it could be based on hereditary. There are several factors that can actually come into play. So how can you help stop bedwetting?
Tips for Helping to Stop Bedwetting
- Give Rewards – There is no harm in rewarding your child for having a dry night. Perhaps set up a sticker chart or other reward system for your child. Once a certain amount of stickers are obtained for remaining dry they can earn an agreed upon award.
- Set up Goals – Talk to your child and set reasonable goals. Instead of setting up the goal to “wake up dry” you could begin with getting up and going to the bathroom at least once a night. Then you could work your way up to waking up dry.
- Reduce Fluid Intake – Although it sounds like a simple solution, determine the best cut-off time for your child. An hour. 3 hours before. Each child is different and you want to make sure you optimize the best solution for your child and his/her particular needs.
- Be Supportive – Although the clean up or nightly accidents can be frustrating for you, remember to keep your child’s feelings in mind. Be supportive. Patience is also key. Do not make a big deal out of an accident and remind them that others wet the bed as well… they will grow out of it. Be positive.
- Consider Pull-Ups or Bed Mats – In order to make clean up easier, find a solution that works best for you and your child. Pull-Ups may work for some children, whereas others may refuse. GoodNites® Bed Mats are also a great choice. The GoodNites Bed Mats are disposable cloth-like mats that help protect bedding by adhering to the fitted sheet. You simply peel off the adhesive backing and fit it to the child’s bedding. Each Bed Mat is designed to fit a twin size bed and absorb a fair amount of liquid. Plus, GoodNites Bed Mats were recently selected as the 2013 Product of the Year in Children’s Products! Now you know they must be a product worth checking out.
What tips do you have to stop bedwetting? What works best for your child?
You can learn more about GoodNites Bed Mats by liking their Facebook page.