Swimming Safety Tips : National Learn to Swim Day
Summer means days at the beach, lounging by the pool, and fishing in the lake. All of which mean time spent near the water. As a parent, it also means its time to remind my kids of summer safety and swimming safety tips.
Swimming Safety Tips
SwimWays acts as a hub for parents and guardians with young children. It provides essential tools and resources to help parents teach their children to swim, including swim tips, accomplishment certificates and more. They also want to help keep children safe this summer and have a wonderful list of swimming safety tips to share with you:
- Get your child comfortable in the water at an early age.
- Introduce your child to the water using a baby float designed to help children feel comfortable and build water confidence, like the SwimWays Baby Spring Float.
- Once your child is ready to learn to swim, use a graduated flotation device, such as SwimWays’ Swim Steps Power Swimr.
- While you may feel your little one has the skills to swim unassisted, remember it takes a lot of courage to traverse the water without help.
- It’s often beneficial for a child to ease into swimming with a little extra support, like a kickboard, before taking their first solo strokes.
- Never leave your child unattended in or near the water. Teach children to understand that they must always ask for permission before they go near the water.
This Saturday, May 17, is National Learn to Swim Day, which is held to increase awareness about the importance of learning to swim.
It is also the perfect opportunity for families to learn about the importance and benefits of learning to swim before Memorial Day Weekend and the start of summer.
National Learn to Swim Day Coloring Contest
As a part of the National Learn to Swim Day celebration, SwimWays is hosting a coloring contest. Kids can create their own artistic masterpiece by downloading a coloring sheet from TeachMetoSwim.com. They can then compete for the chance to win a pool prize pack, which includes a Swim Steps item, pool toy and Spring Float! Three winners will be selected. Hurry before the contest ends on May 31st.
Plus, you don’t want to miss out. Grab your SwimWays products before June 30th and use the coupon code SWIMSTEPS at check out to receive 15% off on all items in the Swim Training Category.