Disclosure: This post is part of the SPLENDA® Brand Sweet Life blogger program by McNeil Nutritionals, LLC. and The Motherhood, who sent me products and compensated me for my time. Opinions, experiences and photos shared here are 100% my own.
Have you begun spring cleaning? Our kids are actually the best motivators in this area. Our middle two daughters love the idea of cleaning out the old to make room for the new. I am sure they get this from their daddy. I have no complaints. This week, as they began to sort through the pantry, we discovered we had all we needed to make Strawberry Banana Smoothies. Awesome, right?!
Strawberry Banana Smoothies
All that cleaning and organizing meant we needed plenty of energy to get through the project. Fortunately, we had a full bag of Splenda® No Calorie Sweetner, as well as frozen strawberries and ripe bananas. Not to mention, in order to keep in line with our effort to eat better, Splenda was the ideal way to reduce calories we get from full sugar. And with the SWEET SWAPS™ Initiative from SPLENDA, you can easily find delicious, creative ways to save calories simply by swapping full sugar for SPLENDA® Sweetener Products. Splenda also makes it easy to swap sugar with their measurement conversion charts.
Taking time to sip on smoothies was an incredible way to break up the mundane of spring cleaning in the kitchen. The girls and I enjoyed the sweet, creamy taste of the strawberries and bananas before we returned to putting things back in order in the pantry. The smoothies actually gave us the burst of energy we each needed to finish the task at hand.
Not to mention, the pantry was left looking amazingly organized and clean using these kitchen spring cleaning tips:
- Organize based on use. Basically, we thought about the items that we use most often and made them readily available. Additionally, the foods that the kids can serve themselves, such as cereal or snacks needed to be lower to be within their reach. Be cognitive of how the foods are used and plan accordingly.
- Keep similar foods together. This could just be our obsessive tendencies taking over, but having “like” foods together makes things run smoother. Just like in a grocery store, canned goods in one area, boxed in another, and sauces all together.
- Use airtight containers. Not only do these containers keep your food dry and fresh, but they also help create a more organized, uniform look in the pantry. Things are easier to find and it simply looks neater.
- Label foods. Going along with the container idea, labels are a perfect way to keep track with what’s inside. And, in order to know more about the freshness of the food, add a date to items as well.
Having an organized pantry has made a huge difference in our kitchen already. We definitely should have done this several seasons ago!
- 1 cup water
- 1 cup Greek Strawberry Yogurt
- 1 cup frozen strawberries
- 1 sliced banana
- ½ cup blueberries
- 1 tsp Splenda No Calorie Sweetner
- Add all ingredients to a blender and blend until creamy. Serve cold.
SPLENDA® Brand Sweet Life Spring #SweetSwaps Twitter Party
Celebrate spring by renewing and refreshing all aspects of life – including your recipe repertoire. We will be sharing seasonal recipes from The SPLENDA® SWEET SWAPS™ page along with some tips to help you make smart, balanced decisions as part of your lifestyle.
SPLENDA® No Calorie Sweetener enables people to experience the joy of sugar without all of the calories. For example, by swapping one cup of sugar with one cup of SPLENDA® No Calorie Sweetener, Granulated, you can save more than 600 calories. The Motherhood is teaming up with the SPLENDA® Brand for this exciting and informative chat to show how finding balance can lead to a sweet life!
- When: Tuesday, March 31 at 1 pm ET
- RSVP: http://vite.io/themotherhood
- Prizes: We will be giving away five prizes to randomly selected participants who answer the trivia questions correctly. Each prize includes a $50 Visa gift card, an assortment of SPLENDA® Sweetener Products and a SPLENDA® branded apron and bag. Prizes limited to U.S. participants only. Official rules here.
- Hosts: @TheMotherhood, @TMChatHost, @CooperMunroe, @EmilyMcKhann