“All my life I had been looking for something, and everywhere I turned someone tried to tell me what it was. I accepted their answers too, though they were often in contradiction and even self-contradictory. I was naive. I was looking for myself and asking everyone except myself questions which I, and only I, could answer. It took me a long time and much painful boomeranging of my expectations to achieve a realization everyone else appears to have been born with: that I am nobody but myself”. ~Ralph Ellison, “Battle Royal”
I find quotes to be a simple pleasure for me… sort of a secret indulgence, if you will. I enjoy reading and scripture and quotes alike tend to make my mind stop and think like nothing else. Each verse, each line, each word is open for interpretation by your own thoughts. Unfortunately, I am by far not a great writer, but I feel that putting my thoughts down in writing helps me to free my mind and I enjoy sharing with anyone who may stop by. I simply wish I could portray more of the witty, *never sarcastic* person I have grown to be in my writing… perhaps one day!
Who am I? I feel like one of the students on The Breakfast Club trying to answer that question. I am many things quite honestly. A daughter. Sister. Wife. Mom. Friend. My husband, Colby, and I have 5 kids that make me who I am everyday. There are many things though that I am passionate about as a
Texas Mom Blogger.
The essence of the job itself is much more than simply blogging. My daily grind consists of networking, writing, photography, promoting, editing, the list goes on. Therefore, I am going to break it down into a few of life’s things I am most passionate about:
- My Writing – Hence the Texas Mom Blogger title.
- My Marriage – Colby is my everything… as well as partner in blogging.
- My Kids – After almost 20 years of marriage, Colby and I have 4 daughters and 1 son. They are our reason behind the blog.
- My Work – Whether it’s blogging, consulting, tweeting, being a brand ambassador or doing blogger outreach, there is always work to be done.
My comfort zone is no more and I am passionate about Social Media, networking through relationships, and, most of all, supporting others.
Nowadays, other than my family, my passion and my blog have lead to several travel opportunities, car reviews, and incredible ambassadorships and experiences. I have found my voice and enjoy sharing it with my amazing readers and fans.
Please feel free to check out our media kit (based on both Days of a Domestic Dad and I working together… please contact for individual rates).
Blogging has also thrown some amazing opportunities my way. These are some of my favorite highlights so far:
- Good Morning Texas
- Strong Moms Empower
- Drive the Redline Dodge
- Tillamook Burger Recipe
- Family Circle
- 101+ Kids Activities Notebook on Springpad
- Mom Spark: Interview With a Blogger
- Springfree Trampoline Ambassador
- Swim Steps Swim Team
I am, first, wife to my high school sweetheart! We began dating when I was 16 and he was 15 years old. It has been a LONG journey but we have arrived and the Lord has truly blessed our patience, perseverance, and, yes, even our pains. I wouldn’t change that man in for anything. You can read all about our story and the reasons why I still love my husband.
Next, but of not much less importance to being a wife, I am a mom to 4 amazingly beautiful princesses and one adoringly handsome prince… they are my life. I thank my husband on a regular basis for all 5 kids and could not imagine my life without every single one of them. People call us crazy for the shear number… but God always knows what He is doing and we trust Him in that! They are 7, 11, 13, 19 and 21. In fact, the oldest is now married.
Nevertheless, I am me. I tend to live within my own little world here in Dallas sometimes, but all in all I am human just as you and I can go through a whirlwind of emotions from morning to night. This blog, once again is simply a rendition of the never ending thoughts pouring through my brain causing my sleep time to be less than 4 hours in a 24 hour period. The countless hours spent “behind-the-scenes” of my blog may not be displayed as you read, but I promise you that lots of thought goes into every post, every sentence, every word, every letter. Hence, sometimes it may be too much thought, but you are on my mind as I type and as I think. Just check out a few of my popular posts.
Let’s get social.
Tweet me @7onashoestring or shoot me an email: firstname.lastname@example.org so we can connect.
There are a few ways you can go here depending on why you are here.
- Start with Blogging Resources and Tools if you are looking for information on how to make money blogging.
- Looking for Ad Rates or Social Media services? Check out the PR Info.
- I am not a cook by any means, but you can find a few recipes here and there.
- Maybe you just want to read about the daily grind that make up our life moments. Love that!
- Did a product review bring you here? Awesome! Read all about my rants and raves on an array of items.
- Finally, we love to travel and drive a variety of cars. Take a read and see what you think!