My husband has recently become Instagram obsessed. A bit ironic considering he used to make fun of my son and I every chance he had when we posted to it. He now, in one month’s time, has more followers than I do. Seriously?!
Apparently as he was looking at pictures in his feed one day he ran across some cute reindeer cookies. So, as I was catching up on some work Sunday he decided to make the cookies (as a surprise for me) with our girls. Yeah, yeah… he can be a pretty cool husband to have around sometimes. *wink*
But just look how incredibly easy these reindeer cookies can be… and how fun they are for the kids to both make and eat!
Reindeer Cookie Recipe
- snickerdoodle cookie dough (store-bought or homemade)
- chocolate covered pretzels (again can be store-bought or handmade based on your preference)
- chocolate chips
- Bake cookies per packaging instructions or homemade recipe.
- Let cookies cool to comfortable temperature and then insert pretzels, M&M’s, and chocolate chips.
- Let cookies finish cooling and then serve.
See? All done! Told you they were super easy! And, of course, there are plenty of variations you can choose in the recipe. Use a different type of cookie. Raisins instead of chocolate chips. Icing instead of candy. Yogurt … or white chocolate… covered pretzels could represent reindeer out in the snow. It’s your cookie. Make the cookies healthier or go sugar crazy. Let the kids get wildly into their baking fun. The holidays should be about enjoying the family time and making memories.