Peeps Marshmallow Treats for Easter
Hippity hop, Easter is on its way. And we have been making some delicious treats to prepare. Not just any treats… Peeps Marshmallow Treats. When I say marshmallow I really mean MARSHMALLOW. Like, the entire recipe is almost one big marshmallow mound of goodness… covered by a Marshmallow Peep.
Imagine taking a sweet, fruity cereal and mixing it with melted marshmallows, adding a soft marshmallow creme on top, and then topping it with a delectable, fluffy sugary treat. All of that is how we made our Peeps Marshmallow Treats. Just take a look!
Peeps Marshmallow Treats
- 1 cup of Jet-Puffed Marshmallow Creme
- 10 ct Marshmallow Peeps Chicks (color choice and amount based on your needs)
- 10 oz bag of mini marshmallows
- 6 cups Post Fruity Pebbles Cereal
- 1/4 cup butter
- Sprinkles (optional)
- In a large pan (we actually used a large pasta pot), melt butter and add marshmallows. Stir marshmallows until melted and then remove from heat.
- Next, stir in the Fruity Pebbles slowly in order to fully blend with marshmallow mixture.
- Once fully combined, spoon mixture into muffin tin in order to form cupcake-like shape. Let set for about 5 minutes.
- Place Jet-Puffed Marshmallow Creme into a microwave-safe bowl and soften. (should take about 15-20 seconds)
- Take marshmallow treats from pan and place on plate or parchment paper. Spoon melted marshmallow creme evenly over top.
- Cover marshmallow creme with sprinkles, if desired, and then set a Marshmallow Peep Chick on top of the sweet treat. Serve and enjoy!
Simple, simple! You know me! And they are super tasty. The fruitiness of the cereal blended with the marshmallow flavor throughout the entire treat is just perfect!
What is your favorite way to eat a Marshmallow Peeps?
The Peeps Marshmallow Treats make the perfect dessert for Easter!