Olive Garden Debuts New Lunch Menu
For years, any time Colby would take me out for a meal, we have been going to Olive Garden. I simply love their food and have to buy bottles of their salad dressing for home. I simply cannot get enough. Therefore, I was thrilled to learn about their new lunch menu.
We all know how busy lunch time can be at any restaurant. A sit down, hearty meal is not always possible when you have a limited lunch hour. Olive Garden realizes this and has made it even easier to order, eat, and get back to work. Their new lunch menu offers “enhanced service steps that provide busy guests with a variety of choices for a quick and satisfying meal.” This means you get the same food you already love… with quicker service times.
Not to mention, they added new selections to their menu. The Tuscan Trio Combinations combine the already popular soup, salad and breadsticks with an additional pasta side, Small plate or salad topping. Since I can rarely pull myself away from the soup and salad deal, I added a side of spaghetti to my lunch and it was the perfect meal. Everything together made for a hearty meal that prepared me for the rest of my day.
Colby decided to try one their new Lighter Italian Fare options. The “under-575-calories menu” now has additional dishes for those calorie-counting guests. I believe he had the new Garlic Rosemary Chicken. The grilled chicken had a side of garlic parmesan mashed potatoes and fresh spinach and smelled delicious. He finished all of it before I even had a chance to taste it. Looks like I may need to give it a try on our next visit.
In addition to the menu items I mentioned above, Olive Garden also has a few other new highlights:
- Sandwich and Flatbread Combinations: Giving guests more handheld options with sandwich and flatbread combinations served with unlimited soup or salad and bread sticks.
- “Cucina Mia” Section: Introducing a new menu section that gives guests the ability to create their own entrée from a variety of six pastas and five made-from-scratch sauces—for only $9.99 every day.
- Small Plates: Expanding the Tastes of Italy section to include eight small plate dishes for guests who want to explore different flavors.
- Specialty Entrees: Bringing new culinary-forward entrees to the chicken and seafood sections of the menu, enhanced by preparation on a new Piastra flat-top grill for a more evenly cooked, tender and juicy taste.
- Antipasti and Caprese Salads: Creating new ways for guests to enjoy Olive Garden’s popular signature salad through the addition of antipasti or caprese toppings.