Mosaic Heart Kid’s Craft for Valentine’s Day
Our girls are loving the fact that Daddy is home now. It’s been great for them as they get to spend more time with him. In fact, they have even talked him into a weekly craft time. And last week they made a cute Mosaic Heart kid’s craft. They turned out great so I, of course, had to share here as well. I thought you might be interested in making them too. Do you have a couple of foam sheets, glue, and scissors? If so then you are good to go! (BTW… totally borrowed hubby’s pic… with his consent, of course!)
Mosaic Heart Kid’s Craft
This kid’s craft is super simple and only takes about 30 minutes total. Even less if you can find the pre-cut foam pieces that these guys used. It obviously cut down on some of the craft time (pun intended). Here is what you need and how you do it.
- red foam sheet, whole
- red and blue foam sheets cut into small squares (pre-cut optional)
- glue or other sticky material (glue dots or otherwise)
- Using the pencil, draw a good size heart on the full-size red foam sheet. Cut out the heart with the scissors.
- Cut the red and blue foam sheets into small mosaic squares… or gather your pre-cut tiles.
- Begin placing the blue tiles around the edge of the heart. They used 2 rows of blue squares for outlining.
- Finally, glue the red tiles inside the the blue border to fill the heart. Start on the outside layer and move inwards to the center.
And you’re done! See? Super easy right! And the girls loved them. They are Valentine’s Day decorations on the hubby’s desk right now but will then be hung on their art boards. My 9 year old is a crafting fool and is super excited about their future projects. When we told her to gather some ideas she jumped at the opportunity. I have a feeling this is going to be one of her most favorite days of the week from now on! Plus, the Craft Days with Daddy series should be a fun weekly post for my husband on his blog, Days of a Domestic Dad. Make sure to check my site or his for more!