Christmas is only a few days away and, with the weekend here, you may have guests arriving soon. Are you ready? Is your home ready? Have you cleaned, organized, decorated? I have to say, in the hustle and bustle of cleaning and prepping food… we often forget to actually decorate for our guests. Therefore, we are normally tearing apart the house just to find ways to decorate and make it more festive. Luckily, this year we have our new HP EVNY 20 TouchSmart AiO and Snapfish. Let’s talk how they can come in handy by sharing a few last minute holiday decorating tips.
Last Minute Holiday Decorating Tips
- Cup O’Candy — This one is super easy… as long as you have a few peppermints or candy canes around. Well, any type of candy actually. Grab a glass or nice candy dish and simply arrange the candy in it. Set the Cup O’Candy on a table or counter and tie a quick ribbon around it for added measure. Perhaps scatter a peppermint or two around the glass for one last touch of sweetness.
- Winter Wonderland — Cut out your best paper snowflakes and create a Winter Wonderland. But, do more than simply hang them on the walls. Take a few picture frames and remove the glass and backing. Tie ribbon around the frame and tack to the wall. Or, empty frames you may already have hanging. Then simply adhere the snowflakes into the center of the empty frame and you have a classy touch of winter inside your home.
- Paper Wreath — With a few basic pattern designs, a printer, glue, and some scissors, you can be on your way to a great looking Paper Wreath. Download your favorite holiday backgrounds and print. After collecting your patterns, cut them into various size circles. Next, lay your circles out in a circular design and glue together. Overlay and arrange as desired for a fun, 3D wreath. These can easily be hung on a doorknob or add ribbon for tacking on the wall.
- Tie a Bow — Have extra ribbon lying around? Grab a pillow or chair and tie a bow around it. A pretty bow tied around a piece of furniture or decor can add splashes of color to any party. Plus, they simply make for a more festive holiday look and are easy to accomplish.
- Paper Play — Using the paper patterns from above, you can create a little paper play. Print out more copies of the designs you chose for your paper wreath above. Next, trim the paper into a square shape. Finally, fold the paper with the pattern side out into itself to create a cone. Using glue or tape, seal the seams and display. You have just created a paper Christmas tree and can do several more with ease.
Now, how is my new HP computer going to help me? Using the HP Creative Studio, I can really get creative with some of the holiday cards. For example, I can download and use the patterns found on the cards for printing and designing my paper wreath or Christmas tree. The Holiday Value Pack I received from HP includes includes (10) 5×7 sheets of photo paper, (10) envelopes, and a “swatch book“. Using the photo paper, you can easily create Christmas cards to hand out at your party, print pictures to frame, or print out patterns for your paper wreath. Get creative and see what you can do! In fact, the ENVY 20 printer and Holiday Value Pack were just featured on the Rachael Ray Show.
And, I must mention my newest favorite piece of home decor — the 11×14 Wall Panel we are getting from Snapfish. My husband has been begging for a large family picture for months and I am so glad to be able to make that happen for him. Using the $50 Snapfish code supplied by HP, I was able to order him a nice family picture that I am sure he is going to love. Plus, it will look great on our wall year round!