What holiday traditions do you often find yourself enjoying? Are they the ones that revolve around food? With our family, there are several that begin and end in the kitchen. One such tradition is baking Christmas cookies. Rolling out the perfect dough and using holiday themed cookie cutters to create fun treats. This year, we decided to add a little zest to our cookies with Halos Mandarins.
These sweet, juice Halos Mandarins are incredibly delicious. Easy to peel and perfect for a snack any time of the day, we decided to use them in our cookies. Something different and fun. Plus, it brought an element of summer into our cold, wintry day. For this cold-all-the-time Texan, I never see a problem with trying to do that!
Colby went to juicing the tasty fruit while the girls and I began to mix the ingredients for the Mandarin Cream Cheese Cookies. The smell of citrus filled the air and almost made it hard to concentrate. There was plenty of testing the mandarins before they made it into the bowl for mixing!
- 1½ tbsp Halos Mandarins juice, freshly squeezed
- ½ cup butter, softened
- ½ cream cheese, softened
- 1 ½ powdered sugar
- ½ vanilla extract
- 1 egg
- ¼ tsp baking soda
- 3 cup flour
- Blend butter and cream cheese until smooth.
- Add baking soda and then powdered sugar, ½ cup at a time, until creamy.
- Add egg, vanilla extract, and freshly squeezed mandarin juice, along with pulp.
- Stir in flour (½ cup at a time) until fully blended.
- Pour dough onto floured surface and knead to smooth.
- Once dough is ready, roll into even layer and use cookie cutters to cut shapes.
- Bake at 350° for 10-15 minutes. Cookies will remain pale in color with browning only on bottom.
Relax a little with a cookie and share with friends. Halos makes it easy. Whether you bake cookies or simply peel one to eat, you are sure to enjoy the Pure Goodness™ that is Halos Mandarins.