Are you a fan of Duck Dynasty? It averages around 8.4 million viewers, so the chances are high you may be one of them. I know I am! After all, it ranked second only to AMC’s, The Walking Dead last season.
Tonight, the show will begin its 4th season. There is even the introduction of a new cast member: Alan. Alan is the oldest of the Robertson boys and will join his family on the show this year. Having met Jase a few weeks ago at an event in Arkansas, I can tell you that he is true to character. Incredibly nice. Down-to-earth. And the first thing out of his mouth when he stepped onto the stage was declaring his love for Jesus. I love that I can sit and watch the show with my entire family without worrying about anything bad coming from the TV.
10 Watching Party Ideas
Now… are you having a Duck Dynasty watching party? I know we will be sitting in front of the TV early so we do not miss a quack! I found a few great party ideas that will fit perfectly into the camouflage theme of the night.
(some may include affiliate links)
- Hunter’s Camo Trail Mix – Great for snacking while the men are hunting.
- Draw a beard onto a piece of [amazon_link id=”B003U7IJYO” target=”_blank” container=”” rel=”nofollow” container_class=”” ]Kraft cardstock[/amazon_link], color/decorate, cut out, and tape a popsicle stick to the back. Make sure to cut out a mouth space!
- No party can be complete without Camouflage Cupcakes.
- Stuffed animals can set the scene. Rubber ducks. [amazon_link id=”B002L9DV4A” target=”_blank” rel=”nofollow” container=”” container_class=”” ]Duck decoys[/amazon_link]?
- Using waterproof glue, attach a [amazon_link id=”B004YVOS0Y” target=”_blank” rel=”nofollow” container=”” container_class=”” ]mason jar[/amazon_link] to a candle stick for Redneck Wine Glasses.
- A large pitcher of Ice Tea is a must! (Did you know that Si drinks unsweet tea? Just a fun fact for you).
- Make ham sandwiches and stick a picket sign in it reading, “What do we want? Ham Sammich.”
- Pass out [amazon_link id=”B001681UYA” target=”_blank” rel=”nofollow” container=”” container_class=”” ]kazoos[/amazon_link] to party-goers for some crazy “duck call” noise… during commercials. (at your own risk)
- Include homemade Southern dishes such as corn bread and banana pudding in your party menu. Duck?
- Be sure to pray before your meal and enjoy the time together!
There you have it. Follow these tips… add your own creative flair… and everyone will be “Happy, Happy, Happy!”