List of Drop Locations to Help West Texas #WestExplosion
I have called Dallas my home my entire life and the West, Texas explosion has impacted Texans far and wide. I have friends near the area that felt the explosion when it shook their house. I have driven through West on my way South several times. The small town was devastated by a fertilizer plant explosion yesterday, April 17th. 100’s have been injured and an unknown number of lives have been lost. Lives have been changed forever and the town is in need of prayers and donations.
I have compiled a list of drop locations to help those in West, Texas:
- TSTC Abilene Phi Theta Kappa and Student Government Association, 650 E. Highway 80 in the lobby. 10:00 am to 3:00 pm on Saturday (4/20).
For more information, contact Janyth Ussery at 325-672-7091 or email@example.com.
- Don Chano, located off Cummings
5K run for unrelated cause on Saturday morning, but donation drop sites for items and money will be available
- Rangers Ballpark in Arlington. Items will be collected outside the Rangers Ballpark gates from 2 hours before the game until 30 minutes after first pitch.
Game times for the Rangers-Mariners series are Friday and Saturday, April 19-20 at 7:05 pm and Sunday, April 21 at 2:05 pm.
- Rush Creek Christian Church, 2401 SW Green Oaks Blvd, 76017
6:00 to 7:30 pm FRIDAY
- Texas Trust Credit Union, 2501 E. Pioneer Pkwy and 4351 Little Road
- TSTC Breckenridge, 307 N. Breckenridge Avenue in the lobby
Contact Denise Brown at 254-559-7711 or firstname.lastname@example.org
- TSTC Brownwood, 305 Booker Street in the lobby.
For more information, contact Brian Kight at 325.641.3911 or email@example.com.
- Intensity Training Systems, 1031 Horse Creek Rd, Crowley
Taking donations for next 3 days. Call 817-929-1950 with questions.
- Quaker Steak & Lube, 4109 SH 121 (at Hebron), 75010
- Cash Fire Department and Hunt County Sheriff’s Association accepting donations at 4745 Hwy 34 S. through 9pm tonight.
- Texas Trust Credit Union, 209 W. FM 1382
- Main Street Elite Automotive, 704 N. Main St in Cleburne, collecting through Friday (4/19).
- Private Training Zone, 680 N. Denton Tap Rd. #400
Asking for pillows, blankets, toilet paper, formula, toiletry items. Open from 8:00am to 8:00pm.
- Westhill Church of Christ, 3400 W. Hwy 22
- Jagged Edge Hair Salon, 301 S. Washburn St. Accepting donations through Friday (4/19).
- Best Marking Systems, 255 N. I35E. Thursday (4/18) and Friday (4/19) until 5pm. Saturday (4/20) 12pm to 5pm.
Please include toiletry items and maybe a care package for the emergency responders on scene.
- Heart of Texas EMS station, 1102 Early Blvd. Through 5pm on Thursday (4/18) and 8am until 5pm Friday (4/19).
- Lion Country Cleaners, 110 W. Knox St
- Central Market on Hulen St, Saturday (4/20) from 10am to 1pm
- Giddy Up Glamour, 301 W. Exchange Ave, Fort Worth. Open 10am to 7pm. TOILETRIES ONLY.
- T2 Land Services, 1200 and 1300 Summit Ave.
Collecting water, hygiene items, pillows, blankets and clothing.
- Transcare EMT will be at Coopers Old Time Pit Bar B Que in the Fort Worth Stockyards today (4/18) from 3pm -10pm
- Lazy Pawn Animal Hospital, 7380 Stonebrook Parkway (near Frisco Police Dept)
- Centerville Pointe Apartments, 4266 Duck Creek Drive, 75043
Open 5:30pm Thursday(4/18) and Friday(4/19)
- Dr. Jones’ Vet Clinic, 404 NE Big Bend Trail, 76043
- Grapevine Church of Christ, 525 Park Blvd, 76051
- Texas Trust Credit Union, 425 W. Jefferson and 3060 W. Camp Wisdom Rd
- Leland’s Industries, 900 McDuff, 76050
- Hico Volunteer Fire Department
- Hood County Library
- Freeman Toyota collecting donations through 12pm on Friday (4/19).
- Iola VFD, 23574 Brazos St. Will depart for West at 10am Saturday morning to deliver items.
- Mount Church office, 1325 Oak Hill Rd through 8pm tonight (4/18) and starting at 7:30am on Friday (4/19)
If no one there, leave donations in the garage.
- Purnell Support Center for Special Education, 136 W. Purnell Street, 75057, through Friday (4/19)
Lillian (Johnson County):
- No Turning Back ministry will be taking donations for the town of West on Sunday (4/21) at First Baptist Church of Lillian
- Little Elm Recreation Center, 303 Main St.
- Little Elm Senior Center
- First Baptist Church of Lott
- Baylor Institute for Rehabilitation Outpatient Services, 1748 E. Broad St. #120.
Toiletries and pet food are recommended. Until 5pm today (4/18) and Friday (4/19) from 8am to 12pm.
- Texas Trust Credit Union, 1900 Country Club Drive and 317 S. Main St
- Madlyn’s, 2106 Hwy 281 North
- J. Wright and Associates Inc., 4001 E. Plano Pkwy #300
- Quaker Steak & Lube, 5584 Texas 121, 75024
- J & B BBQ, 902 N. Highway 175 (free chopped beef sandwich for all who donate)
- Stephenville Walmart Supercenter, 2765 W Washington St, 76401
Thursday (4/18) from 12pm to 7pm, Friday (4/19) from 10 am to 7 pm
- Harley-Davidson of Waco, Crawfish Boil Relief Benefit and Fundraiser on Saturday, 4/27 starting at 10:00 am. Live band, blood drive, and crawfish boil.
If you have any questions or would like to help, please call Meredith at 254-753-0393 or email Meredith.firstname.lastname@example.org
- Waco Extraco Events Center, Friday (4/19)
- ALL Waxahachie fire stations are accepting donations.
- Cowboy Church of Ellis County. Bring to the Buckout at Cowboy Church TONIGHT, 4/18.
- St. Joseph School (through Sunday, 4/21)
- New River Fellowship Church
- Tractor Supply
- Weatherford Rotary Club at Weatherford Regional Medical Center
Carter BloodCare Blood Drive on Friday (4/19) from 7:30am to 2:30pm
- Baylor University online giving portal: www.baylor.edu/relief/give (West Relief Funds)
- Brazos Valley Media Giving Back. Accepting donations at Bank and Trust locations. Make the check payable to “BV Media Giving Back” with “West plant explosion” in memo line. Mail to or drop off at 2900 S. Texas Ave., Bryan; 3400 Highway 21 East, Bryan; 4450 State Highway 6 South, College Station; or 2305 Texas Ave. South, College Station.
- Pointwest Bank. Checks can be mailed to the bank at 200 W. Oak, West, 76691 or P.O. Box 279, West, 76691. Call 254-826-5333. (Victims fund)
- Red Cross
- Salvation Army
Not sure what to donate? Here is a recommended list:
- Bottled water
- Adult diapers
- Medical supplies
- Air Mattresses
- Dog food
- Cat food
- Pet crates/carriers
Thank you for helping to spread the word, praying, donating, or helping in whatever capacity you can. We all can play a little part.