For many, a new year means new resolutions. Well, I do not make resolutions. I feel as though I set myself up for failure if I do. Instead, I simply set goals. I then press on towards those goals as often as I can, as hard as I can. Yes, sometimes I may come up short… but at least I tried.
This year, in August, I turn 40. Now, honestly, age has no relevance on me. It is just another day. Another number.
But, the number is a milestone one.
So, I would like to do a few things in before I turn 40 this year… or at least before the year ends. Some goals are personal whereas others are more professional. Quite honestly though, they both blend together in my world. So, let’s get started on this list.
10 Bucket List Things to do Before I Turn 40
- Norway. I know. It sounds like a random place to want to go sometimes when I think about it. But, I have a friend over there that speaks very highly of it. Seeing Disney’s Frozen recently only fed my desire to go. I know this Southern girl will freeze her booty off, but I think it will be worth it. This also ties into my #2.
- See the Northern Lights. Is there really any question as to why? They are beautiful, mystical, amazing. Period.
Take my husband to New York City.I have been a handful of times and he never has. I can try to explain the allure it has on me but he will never understand until he experiences it himself. (Family road trip to NYC – July 2015)
- Lose 30 pounds. Apparently my metabolism IS feeling my age. It has not been nice to me over the past year. Looks like I am actually going to have to get my booty moving in order to start losing a bit of weight. I can do it!
Get published.As in, write an article/blog post that gets published in a print magazine. I have written an online post for FamilyCircle.com… but I really want to be in print. (DONE! I had a post published in iBlog Magazine in September 2015).
- Write a book. While I am at it, I really want to write a book. I have wanted to publish a book since I was a child. Not sure what type of book just yet. But this is definitely staying on my list until it gets done.
Go on a cruise.Okay. This should be fairly easy. I won a cruise at a conference this past March. I just need to get it on the calendar! The biggest thing is simply making sure the whole family can go. (August 2014, January 2015 and May 2015)
- Have 1 video go viral. But, not just any video. A video of my girls doing what they dream of doing. Whether it be singing, dancing, or just being goofy. They just want to have one fun video on YouTube that people will like and Ellen will notice. Ha!
Fly with Colby.Yes. Isn’t that crazy? In our 22+ years together, we have never flown together. Ever. We have gone on separate trips, but are looking forward to our first flight together NEXT month! Yay! (Repeatedly. Like all the time. Just had to put it out there!) Start my own company.I know I have this blog as a business, but I really want to branch out with it and take it a bit further. Colby and I have several ideas, we just need to put those plans into action. (We officially became an LLC in 2015!)
As I make this list I realize I want to do A LOT of things before August. Ummm… if I was rich that would be easy. Alas, I am not. So, let’s stick to 10 things before I am 40 and 30 more to do in my lifetime as I can. That seems a lot more doable I think. Go to the next page to see the other 30!