Disclosure: This post was inspired by a #gogoplayfully kit from GoGo squeeZ. No other compensation was given. All opinions are 100% my own.
When was the last time you got out and just played with your kids? Not an organized sport or structured play date… just free, imaginative play. Since we homeschool and spend a good day of every bit of our time with the kids, you would think we would have all the time in the world, right? But sometimes it really means throwing caution to the wind, so to speak, and just playing with the kids.
5 Sidewalk Chalk Games
Since finding ways to get creative and go crazy with your kids can be a fun way to discover new ways to play, my girls and I decided to take the challenge. This particular day we chose sidewalk chalk as our focus point and went with it. After a bit of discussion, we each got to work and, together, came up with 5 sidewalk chalk games. Games we could easily play anywhere with a piece of sidewalk chalk and an open space to draw.
- Hopscotch – Timeless game that involves nothing more that a few squares and a rock
- Car City – A few roads, houses, and trees and you have the perfect place to drive your cars through
- 4 Square – Have a ball? 3 friends? Draw one big square divided into 4 smaller squares and you are ready for 4 square
- 3D Chalk Art – Take your imagination one step further and make your sidewalk chalk art come to life when you add yourself to the masterpiece
- Sundial – Want to tell time using the sun? Stick a pencil in a piece of playdough and track the shadow
Playful with Jerry O’Connell
GoGo squeeZ, the leader in fruit-based pouches, realizes that being playful is an important aspect of childhood development and is committed to providing parents with the tools they need to empower playfulness, not just in their children but also in themselves. They have teamed up with celebrity dad, Jerry O’Connell, to inspire us all to get out there and be more playful with our kids.
How can you help? GoGo squeeZ is celebrating the brand’s commitment to playfulness for all and you can assist in helping others. For every share of the campaign’s #gogoplayfully hashtag or any of the multimedia content on GoPlayfully.com, GoGo squeeZ will donate $1… up to $100,000… to The Life is good Playmakers so that everyone can have the opportunity to go… and grow… playfully.
The Life is good Playmakers, the action arm of The Life is good Kids Foundation, a nonprofit organization providing training and support to childcare professionals that ensures all children can grow up feeling safe, loved and joyful.