Lifestyle apps are designed to make our lives easier or more fun. They may have no other use than just that… but there are a handful I use quite often on my Droid DNA.
My 5 Favorite Lifestyle Apps
As a blogger, I obviously rely heavily on the basic Social Media apps: Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and Pinterest. But, I also find that simple, everyday tasks can be easily handled through the use of an app. And it often makes the experience more rewarding and entertaining for me. Let’s take a look.
- Starbucks – I love drinking coffee. And when I am given a Starbucks card, the first thing I do is load it onto my phone for safe keeping. I do not always have my card ready wen I decide to stop for a cup of coffee, but I do have my phone with me. I can easily load my card, check my balance, locate nearby locations while traveling, and track my Stars as part of the My Starbucks Rewards program. I am working my way towards free coffee all the time!
- Domino’s – Along those same lines, I use the Domino’s Pizza app about once a month. When we all decide we do not want to eat the food left in the pantry at the end of the month… or my husband and I go out on a date night. Once we leave the house, I can then use the Domino’s app to order pizza for the kids at home. Plus, we can track the pizza and know when it goes in the oven, comes out cutting, and leaves the store to head to our home. The kids love this part!
- Police Scanner and Radio – I know. It may sound strange… but I like to listen to the Police Scanner sometimes. We mainly only turn it on when we hear all sorts of sirens going off around town. Or, it is most often used when we hear sirens… and our teens are not home. I am such the worrier when they are out past dark. I know I shouldn’t t be but listening to the Police Scanner, but at least it gives me an idea of whether or not I actually should be worried or not.
- c•Mobile Craigslist – Every great once in a while I need to find something and Craigslist is where I like to start. I can easily look it up on my phone and email it to myself or my husband for viewing later on the computer, if needed. Or, I can immediately send the seller an email so I don’t miss out. Not to mention, when I am ready to sell something, I can upload a picture and put together my post without issues. Now I can make money too!
- Zoës Kitchen – Yes, not only is Zoës Kitchen one of my favorite places to eat… but they recently came out with their own app! Their new mobile app can find the closest Zoës location, help you set personal goals, learn more about their menu and even earn points towards a free treat each time you visit a Zoës restaurant. Yum! I personally like the “Daily Dose of Inspiration” tab.
And these are simply my 5 favorites. I love the ability to stay mobile and productive… as well as have fun… with my Droid DNA. These apps and others like it help me do that.