Chains do not hold a marriage together. It is threads, hundreds of tiny threads which sew people together through the years. ~Simone Signoret
My husband and I have quite a bit of testimony behind our 21+ years together. Like most couples, we have had our ups and downs. The first 7-10 years there were a lot of downs. But, after we figured out how to follow our own set of three C’s (Christ, Communication, and Compromise) we have found that we live with much more “ups” than downs.
More marriages might survive if the partners realized that sometimes the better comes after the worse. ~Doug Larson
That doesn’t mean life is always completely grand so to speak… but it does mean we have learned to better handle what life throws at us… together. Even with his job lay off last month we have been able to calmly work out a plan and have not stressed over it a bit. We know that by putting our heads together we will achieve success in the path we have been given. That is why I still love my husband… more and more every day.
Top 5 Reasons I Still Love My Husband
- He welcomes conversation. And by that I mean… he really listens to me. He hears what I am saying and then helps me work through a situation, praises my efforts, or celebrates my achievements with me. Yes, there are times in random conversations where I still have to ask, “Did you hear me?” But in those times where I need him to be there for me… he just is. That means the world to me.
- He has passion and drive. He is incredibly hard working. In fact, the man never stops. And when he does he passes out the second his body stops moving. Whether he is working on business or doing things around the house… he is ALWAYS going. I love that he is dedicated and passionate about everything he does and it shows in his work.
- He encourages me to laugh. And he laughs with me. How important is the characteristic of laughter? Not everyone can laugh WITH you. We can sit and laugh at crazy things our kids do, funny pictures we come across, or random comments made around our home. At night we talk, just the two of us, and laugh about events from the day. Whatever it may be, he can laugh at it and put a smile on his face.
- He fills the voids. For instance, he is a morning person. I know, that may sound like a silly reason. But, whereas I am a 3 or 4am person (a night owl in other words), he is up early with the kids. He takes our middle two girls to school and just goes and goes before I ever crawl out of bed. He and I have always been on opposite sides of the spectrum here but it works for us. One of those many times we completely level each other out. I adore him for his “spunk” in the morning. I simply do not have it.
- He challenges me to love him simply because he loves me. Plain and simple it is one of the most important reasons why I love him so. He taught me how to love. When I met him at 16 years old I had no idea how to love someone. This boy of 15 caught my eye and captured my heart all those years ago. He still holds it today. We make a choice each and every day to love each other. We both believe it’s a daily decision and one we know requires hard work and a passionate desire for each other to choose to fulfill each day. No one has ever controlled my emotions, touched my innermost being, or meant more to me than my husband. He is my best friend. My lover. My everything. I simply love that man.
There you have it. My top 5. But… this is on no way an extensive list. In fact, this was just a start. And, I’m not even sure it is my “top 5” because as I wrote I thought of several more. Picking just 5 was no easy task. I adore my husband. I often tell my kids I do not see other men as being good-looking… only their daddy. Why? He is the one I love. Perhaps it is because “love is blind” but I see no greater man than the one I married. To me… he is the “Sexiest Man Alive” year after year. No doubt.
Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. It does not dishonor others, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs. Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth. It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres. Love never fails. ~1 Corinthians 13:4-8
I have joined several other women for this post in sharing just why we love our husbands. Read more my following the linked button below. Happy reading!