Trying new technology is a passion of mine. I love all the cool geeky gadgets and giving them a test run is quite thrilling. Being a Verizon Wireless Ambassador means I get to play with cool new phones. The latest phone, the Droid DNA, has some pretty incredible camera features. In fact, I wanted to share my 5 favorites with you.
Top 5 Camera Features
Considering the fact that many of us often have our phones on hand for capturing those sporadic memory events nowadays, the cameras on our phones are important. In fact, one of the first things I do when I pick up a phone is open the camera app. Pictures are important for snapping those shots and preserving those memories. The Droid DNA has some pretty fabulous features that make it a top notch camera as well as phone. Let’s take a look at my top 5 camera features:
- Live Effects: Beside the camera shutter button you can find a small, round bubbly button that unleashes 15 different built-in picture effects. They range from vignette, to vintage, to sepia and grayscale. Of course, the kids favorite one to play with does nothing to enhance your pictures really… but it does give us all a good laugh. It is the distortion lens that captures pictures like this one of my daughter:
- HTC Video Pic: Have you ever been shooting a video and decide you also want to snap a picture? I do this frequently. As I am filming I start looking around for my camera. Which is in my hand. With the DNA you can snap a picture while you are filming. No need for another device or to stop filming.
- HDR: This is a pretty awesome feature actually. Have you ever shot a picture that has bad backlighting? HDR will automatically shoot 3 pictures and then combine them for the most natural-looking photo. How cool is that?!
- Continuous Shooting: Ok, I accidently did this one the other day. By simply pressing and holding the shutter button, the camera will capture up to 4 shots per second and up to 99 in a row. This will allow you to capture great action shots and not miss a second of the movement.
- Sightseeing Mode: Have you ever been out and found that you were pulling your phone out for pictures every 30 seconds. Sightseeing mode keeps your camera in ready-mode for 5 minutes. There is no lock screen to go through before grabbing the perfect shot. You simply grab and shoot. Perfect when you are touring the city or taking in a great ball game!
One other great feature of the camera is simply the field of view. I love that the camera can capture so much of the landscape in front of you. Plus, using the front-facing camera and built in countdown timer, you can also capture a wide field of view. It’s great for snapping sunset pictures like the one I shot behind our home one evening. This was actually on of the very first pictures I took with the camera just to test it out! I think it preformed pretty well!
Watch for more about the Droid DNA to come in the weeks ahead!