The holidays are upon us and parties are in full swing. Everyone wants to look their best and showcase their home in great holiday style! I am grateful for the recent opportunity to chat with celebrity stylist, Robert Verdi, and home entertaining guru, Katie Lee. Both are working with P&G to share some of their must-have products and decor tips to prepare for the festive holiday season.
Let’s talk holiday decor with Katie Lee. As a best-selling author and entertaining expert, she shares her favorite recipes and entertaining tips in The Comfort Table cookbook series. She is able to summarize her style with her three c’ – “casual, comfortable with a touch of couture”. Katie also shared some timely holiday decor tips with us.
Holiday Decor Tips
- Stock up on essentials
- Make lists to stay organized and stress free
- Plan and prepare things ahead of time
- Spray your welcome mats with Febreze® spray
- Accept help from your guests: extra side dishes and desserts are always a great addition
- Best decorating tip: Candles! Everyone looks better in candlelight
- Make guest baskets with necessities with items such as deodorant, toothbrush, razors, etc. in case guests forgot to pack theirs
And since you want your house to be clean, Katie Lee recommends products that help her get the cleaning done faster. The Swiffer® WetJet® Extra Power Pad: with the scrubbing power of Mr. Clean® Magic Eraser® and Swiffer 360°Dusters are on the top of her supply list. After all, for Hispanics, a dust and dirt-free household is the most important part of maintaining a guest-ready home during the winter holiday season, followed by a holiday scent throughout the home, and a spotless kitchen.
Robert Verdi is most synonymous with style. He is a leading lifestyle expert, celebrity stylist and television personality… and the “goto” style guru for A-listers like Eva Longoria, Bethenny Frankel, Hugh Jackman, and Mariska Hargitay. Verdi is the sole style expert to bridge three major categories: fashion, entertaining and home design. Listening to him during the webinar was such a treat and he had so much to offer during such a short time.
Holiday Beauty Tips
- It is all about lips and lashes this holiday season
- Good powder and foundation are key secrets
- The must-have beauty product for the holiday season is Cover Girl Last Blast Mascara
- Carry Oral B Glide Floss Picks when you go to a party to check your teeth after eating
- Turquoise, peacock blues and red are great for photographs
- Wear layers and accessorize for a quick day to night look
- Remember: “Luxury is not a price tag. Luxury is a feeling.”
One of my favorite lines from Robert Verdi during the webinar that we should all make note of was this:
Not everyone can rock skinny jeans. Petite and tall girls with curves wear them best, although it is all about the other elements.
Robert also suggested that you keep a few P&G key beauty products in your desk or purse. I mean, you never know when a surprise invitation will pop up during this time of year and you want to be prepared. And, he also told us that by adding a bold lip color such as COVERGIRL Blast Flipstick Lip Duo, a smoky eye with bold, intense lash volume by COVERGIRL LashBlast 24HR Mascara, or a chic hairstyle… in addition to a few key accessories… you can transform an outfit from the office to a party in no time.
Get a head start on your new decor or fashion style by winning either a P&G Home or Beauty Gift Pack. Entering is easy using the form below. Open to US residents over 18 only. Giveaway ends on 12/22. Good luck!
WINNER: Joan C.
Disclosure: This is part of a sponsored campaign with P&G and Latina Mom Bloggers. However, all opinions expressed are my own.