Toboggan Down Flagpole Hill
Ready to start your winter in Texas off with a little snow? Tomorrow, December 1st, jcpenney is bringing snow to Dallas! They will be creating a 200 foot long artificial toboggan run. That’s right! You can toboggan down Flagpole Hill in Dallas. You can reserve your free tickets on EventBrite. The sledding will take place between 9am-12pm and then again form 1pm-4pm.
Ages 4 and up are welcome to spend the day sledding. Other activities will also be provided for the entire family that include complimentary hot chocolate, crafts and card making.
Holiday Giving Tour
The jcp Holiday Giving Tour builds on jcpenney’s philanthropic efforts this season. Through its charitable giving program, jcp cares, jcpenney is making it possible for customers to give back. From Nov. 23 to Dec. 31, customers can support The Salvation Army by rounding up their store purchases to the nearest dollar and donating the difference to the organization’s Red Kettle Campaign. With nearly 25,000 bell ringers at store fronts and shopping malls nationwide, this annual campaign helps to provide meals, clothing and toys to families who need it most. The Salvation Army’s iconic red kettle is featured as one of jcpenney’s button designs to signify the importance of their mission in communities across the country.
The Holiday Giving Tour is 12-day tour throughout the U.S., where jcpenney will be carrying out special acts of generosity in a new city each day. From Christmas tree lighting and ice skating to Santas and tobogganing, they will bring a piece of Christmas cheer to cities across the country with simple, humble acts of generosity that pay homage to classic American holiday traditions.
The remaining cities on the tour include:
- Dec. 2: New Orleans, LA — The local jcpenney store at Oakwood Shoping Center will surprise residents by turning their parking lot into an ice skating rink.
- Dec. 3: Chicago, IL — Warming up the Windy City, a cashmere-clad Santa will hand out jcp cashmere scarves, hats and more in downtown Chicago.
- Dec. 4: Alamosa, CO — The small town will receive a fully decorated, Rockefeller Center-sized Christmas tree and lighting ceremony.
- Dec. 5: Kemmerer, WY — Home of jcp’s first “Golden Rule” store, jcpenney will take over the local town car wash. Without having to get out of their cars that morning, the residents of Kemmerer can drive through a tented elf-staffed assembly line receiving hot cider or coffee, a $10 jcp gift card, a breakfast burrito from a local restaurant, and a car wash by jolly Santas.
- Dec. 6: Portland, OR — A local artist will create a beautiful pointillism portrait made out of hundreds of live poinsettias outside Pioneer Courthouse Square and at the end of the day, residents will be invited to take them home.
- Dec. 7: Phoenix, AZ — A team of helpful “elves” will offer complimentary valet service at the Paradise Valley jcpenney store to alleviate any stress around holiday shopping parking.
- Dec. 8: Los Angeles, CA — Blake Shelton will give an exclusive, acoustic holiday performance outside the jcpenney store at Westfield Culver City.